How would you make a blood test tracker in Airtable?

In Google Sheets, I’m experimenting with making a Sheet to log blood test results.

• Types of things (eg. proteins, minerals, red blood count) tested for are on the Y axis.
  • Adjacent, each has a normal-range threshold, defined by the lower limit and the upper limit.
  • Then, the subsequent X axis includes a number of different date columns, carrying the specific numerical result for each test type.

Due to complexity of views, I can imagine using an Airtable Table eg. to group test types - eg. there are a number of White Blood Cell test types.

But how else / how well could this translate to Airtable?

Each thing tested for has a normal range, defined by two column cells containing the lower and upper thresholds, accordingly. This allows me to use Conditional Formatting to shade the cell background cell green/red if the reading is out of range. What can I do with Airtable here?

Indeed, do I have the axes the right way around? Am I better off recording each test (eg. Nov 6, 2021) as a record, with numerous horizontal fields for each thing tested for?

Any charting opportunities in any of this?

Thanks.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.