2612 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rose_Fox
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I run an event. Participants can suggest multiple different types of program items to have (talk, workshop, etc.). Since Airtable doesn’t support form logic (grr) this requires multiple forms, as each item has different requirements (for a workshop I need to know room layout, for a performance I need to know A/V needs, etc.).

I noticed that a single table can support multiple form views, so in theory I can gather all this data in one place, which is great. But to do that, I need some way to indicate which form the data came from so I know which item type it’s for.

Airtable also doesn’t support hidden form fields (grr!). It will look bad to have a form that says “Workshop Proposal Form” and then have a question for “What kind of item is this?” with “workshop” as the only answer. So is there any way to create a form key of some kind? Or am I stuck making one table for each type of item, or doing some hacky workaround like creating fields called email-workshop and email-talk and using those to gather email addresses in the relevant forms, with back-end logic of "if email-workshop has data in it, this is item type workshop"?

5 Replies 5

I think you could know the type of activity base on the data filled. You decide what Fields to show on the Form based on the type of activity, so is the inverse.

Jeri_Vespoli
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I need this too. Airtable should have a form source! You could potentially use a Zapier or other automation platform to use the gmail notice ‘someone has replied to your xxx form’ and update your base.

Thomas_Sieczkow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes. This would be very handy for me. I’m using for different JOB posts. Example: I have same user base for tech candidates, but different and dedicated forms: Frontend Engineer and Backend Engineer. Both have simillarities in some basic fields, and other specific tech knkowledge in the form of specific fields in the form. I’d like to categorize automatically from which form the input came from.

BSS_Automation

This would be handy for us too as we have several websites and each has it's own form, and some have several.

It would help us a lot to know where the form came from at a glance, without having to read each record information.

Terri_Martin

I too would like this option.  I cannot believe that there has been no solution to this issue... unless I cannot find it.