1055 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan_deSilva
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have copied a template with good data to start. I have my own data in a spreadsheet. If I organize the spreadsheet to match the table will Airtable recognize items with the same first column and offer to NOT import, or merge the data?

6 Replies 6
Bryan_deSilva
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello? Did I do something incorrect in my post?

Landings_Holida
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I need the same thing… hope someone will help

Welcome to the community, @Bryan_deSilva! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: This is primarily a user community, and each user has their own reasons for replying (or not) to any given thread. For me, this is the first time I’ve seen this thread, and while I don’t think that you did anything incorrect in your original question, it does feel a little broad. It would help to know more about how your data is set up in your spreadsheet, and how you’ve set up your Airtable base to receive that data. Would it be possible for you to share screenshots of both?

@Landings_Holiday I have pretty much the same questions for you. Even you you say you need the same thing, it’s rare to have two use cases are truly identical. The more you can share about your specific situation, the easier it will be for me (and others here) to help.

Thx Justin
I’ve been exploring some of the AT features in Pro. I’ve already successfully imported missing emails into my base, but 59 were skipped due to dups in the match field. I’d like to change cell colors for those 59.

@Landings_Holiday Individual cells can’t be colored in Airtable. The only coloring options are at the record level, and are driven either by conditions that you set up, or by the color of a single-select field option in each record. If you add a single select field to the table, and mark those 59 using that single select, you can then apply the same color from the single select to the record, which will appear as a color swatch on the left edge of the record. Another option would be to add a checkbox field named something like {Duplicate}, and add a condition-driven color setup to the view to color any checked records.

Thank you for the information. Vrry helpful

Richard Olin
941-376-1999