1181 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maggie_Norton
5 - Automation Enthusiast

At my organization we have a table in one base (Primary Base- PB) that lists members. I have another base (Outreach Base - OB) that is constructed to capture outreach efforts related to the members in the PB. Till now I have been using Zapier to update modifications of key fields within PB in my OB. Sync is going to change that I hope.

However, I’m in the midst of organizing a new synced PB member table in my OB and I’ve hit a major road block. I am unable to upload csv’s to the new synced table! I’m not interested in creating new records, I’m just modifying additional fields that are not synced to the PB.

When will this be resolved?

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Pearl

Hi @Maggie_Norton,

The CSV importer app should now support updating non-synced fields in synced tables!

You may need to reload to pick up the change.

Fantastic! Thank you, AT Team!

Hi @Ryan_Pearl,

I’m happy to hear the CSV importer should be working to support updating non-synced fields in synced tables, however I’m unable to get it to function. I’m not trying to merge nor update any of the synced fields in my table. I’m just working with fields that I’ve added to the synced table.

I thought it was an issue with duplicates, but when I’ve merged with other non-synced tables, I just get warnings about duplicates.

Any thoughts about why this still isn’t working?

Soojeong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Lydia_English,

You may have already resolved the issue, but I was able to import a .csv file to a synced table by choosing the primary field as the merge field. If not, make sure that the values in the merge field are unique! I later found that the field I was trying to use as the merge field in the failed attempts (I was using a name field) had the same values in different records.

Hope this helps!