Inline linking either to internal records or web-based resources

Being able to link records inline text blocks, inside long text fields. This would be a very helpful feature, I believe.

Linking records inside a Text block in a long text field

I’m trying to manage my Roleplaying campaign in Airtable but would like to link specific records inside some of my long text formatted fields for instance “Dargon the warrior is traveling to Flurgan the village.” can “Dargon” and “Flurgan” be links to records?

Unfortunately, at present Airtable does not support inline linking either to internal records or web-based resources…

I wonder if I should move this to the “Feature Request” section?

I suspect there’s already a comparable post — that is, I think I remember something similar. You can search to see if you can find it and add your reply to it — or you can just go ahead and start writing your post. Discourse will prompt you with a list of what it believes to be similar topics, giving you a chance to dogpile one of them rather than create a new one.

Just moved this to Feature Requests. :slight_smile: Didn’t find a comparable post with just a quick search but I can merge the topics if/when I do find one.