Help

Integromat-Airtable integration: Create record with synced linked record -- record id not found

Topic Labels: ImportingExporting
Solved
Jump to Solution
1367 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wichie_Artu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This question also exists in Integromat-Airtable integration: Create record with synced linked record -- record id not found - St...

I’ve created a scenario where a customer submits an order form jotform. In airtable, I have an “Order Line Item” table in my “Sales” base that links to a record from the “Inventory” table from the “Inventory” base. This linked record column is called “Inventory ID”. It also has a linked record to my “Order” table in the “Sales” base.

–order line item table–
order line item table

In integromat, I have a “Create Record” airbase tool. When I manually put in the Order ID, that creates the new order line item record no problem. But when I manually put in the Inventory ID record, it says it doesn’t exist. And, I’ve tried both the POST API and the Create Record tool.

–synced inventory table–
synced inventory table

–integromat scenario excerpt–
integromat scenario

Is this a bug in the airtable API?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wichie_Artu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Someone in the integromat facebook community …

FB Person: As I understand how airtable record ID works, synced inventory ID (from another base) is different from that base’s recordID. try to create a recordID formula field and use that instead as reference?

Wichie Artu: You’re a godsend! The Inventory ID in the Sales base is DIFFERENT from the Inventory ID in the Inventory base. I did a formula in the Sales base to get that record id, and used that.
6ca73ab515a2174db3addc7866d981b474d816b6.png

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Wichie_Artu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Someone in the integromat facebook community …

FB Person: As I understand how airtable record ID works, synced inventory ID (from another base) is different from that base’s recordID. try to create a recordID formula field and use that instead as reference?

Wichie Artu: You’re a godsend! The Inventory ID in the Sales base is DIFFERENT from the Inventory ID in the Inventory base. I did a formula in the Sales base to get that record id, and used that.
6ca73ab515a2174db3addc7866d981b474d816b6.png

Nice! Very subtle but very important distinction!