6850 29
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

hi, i’m currenly trying to use integromat to copy data from one base to another. but when there’s a linked column. it copies its record id instead of its field value. i tried turning on smart link, but it still copies record id instead of its value. any help please?

29 Replies 29

@ScottWorld i think integromat can convert record ID to field value using smart link as they say:
" If smart links is enabled, you can a) use names in linked record fields instead of record IDs to select an existing record or create a new one if it doesn’t exist."

let me know if it means something else…

It means something else. That’s for updating records, not for grabbing values from records.

@ScottWorld can you please describe your method of searching record from table a bit more? i want to copy from one table’s linked columns to another table as shown in this vid : https://app.box.com/s/d12s6572yukvfe73u2kfuv6ly42h4pb8

Hi @Sneh_Patel,

Sorry, I can’t give you an entire training on how to use the Integromat platform. However, if you have a budget for this project, I am available for hire to create Integromat scenarios for people, so please feel free to send me a direct message if you’d like to work with me.

Integromat also offers great technical support for their product as well, so you may want to reach out to them.

But in essence, you are missing modules in Integromat. There are more Airtable modules that you are not using, such as the “Search Records” module and the “Update Record” module.

You need to create an entire chain of modules together in the right order to do what you want to do. Once you get a Record ID, you then need to search for that record using the search module. Then, you can grab values from that record and do other things with it, such as creating records or updating records.

thanks, i’m fine with the info you’ve given me right now. i’ll manage it from here. :+1:t2: i’ll let you know if my boss is interested in your offer.

Hi @Sneh_Patel

I set up a test scenario, using your base names with some test data and it worked. You will also need to add the field Time created in both bases.

Was your original intent to link both bases together? I noticed that you had two separate bases, perhaps that was why you were having some issues? Since, for linking fields/bases, the linking is van)

I hope this will help in your use case.

Mary Kay

Here are screenshots explaining the complete setup.

image image image image image image image

Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@M_k thank you for your detailed response, but the “job name” and/or “client” is linked field in your setup?

because they don’t show up as record ID in your screenshots.

Hi @Sneh_Patel

I was following your video example and the field types were Long text.

I will have to do some more testing. It will take me a few days to do this.

Although, the example in the video, has data from two sources/bases or is there just one base.

I am trying to understand from were the source of the original data is originating from, since copying and linking are two different procedures.

Copying data can be from two different bases and linking is done in one base. You could have a base that has linking and then copy that base with the links, together, into another base. I am guessing that this is what you are trying to do.

Let me know what process you are using and what goal you would like to achieve.

Mary Kay

Sneh_Patel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

i need this, i’ve linked columns in one base and when i copy data from that base o=in another base it copies it as record ID, and if i copy that to another base’s linked column it results in an error as shown in the video. in your first reply you have shown that you successfully managed to copy linked columns values, i need to do that. can you please check your first post for that. and you can take your time in doing this :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Hi @Sneh_Patel

What are the names of the tables in the linked base and what field is linked?

Is it this base that you want to copy the two fields/data into?

I am trying to understand the work flow/use case.

Thank you,
Mary K