The interface module doesn’t seem to currently have the capability of adding / deleting a record. I would suggest maybe having a new type of element (Button) that could be added to the interface (i.e. button that could be settup to create record in xyz table, with maybe a popup requesting selected fields to be filled and then positionning to current record being edited)
One of the best things about Interface Designer is that it allows you to tailor the UX to the specific user, including layout and field names. It would be great if the solution for adding new records from the interfaces worked something like Airtable Forms - where you can select which fields can be completed, what order they’re presented, what they’re called, etc.
Totally agree, we desperately need an easy way to create a noew record in our interfaces.
Looks like a lot of people have requested this feature in these discussion topics:
Summary of workarounds:
- Adding/deleting: Use a single select field element with an automation (the lag here is brutal)
- Adding/deleting: Add a grid element to the interface
- Adding: Have a blank record that exists as a fake form
- Adding: Always have a blank linked record
- Adding: Button field element that links to an Airtable form
- In interfaces, you are unable to click a button field element that runs a script.
- You are unable to add editable fields to headers which prevents you from using the single select field workaround there.