Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tristan_Scifo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’ve built a client meeting interface for my team with the following elements:

• Client record dropdown element
  • Meeting record dropdown element
  • Client Goal filter element (to filter for only the goals linked to the meeting)
  • Client Action Item filter element (to filter for only the action items linked to the meeting)

My objective is to generate an automated URL to view the interface with all 4 elements prefilled.

I’ve been able to prefil the client record and meeting record, since these only use record IDs.

However I can’t seem to identify what data type the filters utilise in their url code.

Here are some examples of one of the filter’s URL code:

0Klo0=b%3AeyJBYk5NTyI6W1swLFsicmVjWEtBdGMzQmJaY0JlaUYiXV1dfQ
0Klo0=b%3AeyJBYk5NTyI6W1swLFsicmVjR1pWRzc1OU50Q2JORDkiXV1dfQ

The bold part appears to be the value of the filtered meeting, but is clearly not a record ID.

If I can identify this value type and source the value, I can then build my desired prefilled URL formula for the interface.

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

T

12 Replies 12
Shayan_Zadeh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It would help if someone could shed a light on this works and can be used.

Tristan_Scifo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks @Shayan_Zadeh, and yes please. I’m still looking and waiting for a solution. And since the recent interfaces update, there’s slightly less functionality with filter elements. I think these need some attention to ensure interfaces are a winning product!

Augustin_Clouti
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have the same problem here. Trying to figure out the url patterns for filters in order to build custom page links

Same here 😞

Casey_Kleiman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Pretty please add these IDs as a function of the RECORDID() in formulas

Russell_Bishop1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

STILL waiting to understand this.

Karl_L
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is it still not possible to do this?

Augustin_Clouti
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This feature would be awfully useful! I often would need to program custom urls to interface pages by taking in account filter elements values.

Harry_Singh
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Still no answer after over a year on a feature that is ALREADY BUILT. Literally all we need is some documentation, or resource on where the developers are pulling that id from. So disappointing.

Harry_Singh

I believe [Interface] Use Data to Populate Connected Filter ... - Airtable Community   is a new idea request for this to be implemented. 

einfachiso

Hey, 

i had the same issue and just tried a few things.

The parameter for setting the filter is

b followed by a URL encoded colon (%3A) followed by a Base 64 encoded record that looks like this in my case:

{"lmq2i":[[6,["rec5N7fBUoLjX5wh8"]]]}

In your case (eyJBYk5NTyI6W1swLFsicmVjWEtBdGMzQmJaY0JlaUYiXV1dfQ) it contains this:

{"AbNMO":[[0,["recXKAtc3BbZcBeiF"]]]}

The first element seems to identify the filter (AbNMO), don't know what the integer value indicates but then follows the record ID for the elements selected in the filter.

Hope this helps. 😃

It worked!! THANK YOU! First decoded the url after the %3A as described. Then used the script shared here to encode it with the desired recordID filled in. Thank you!!!