Inventory app development

Hello Community! Happy New Year!

I’m trying to build an inventory table and there’s just a small detail that I cannot figure out…

It’s easy to use a rollout field to add and substract items, but we monthly manually count the inventory and update any differences… how would you do that?

I have a form where staff inputs product sales and buys, including a checkbox to mark that the quantity is not to be added/substracted but it’s the current inventory level.

Any clues? Thank you so much!!

Hi @Angel_Baena

Did you try to make the rollup field conditionnal? “Only include linked records from the xxx table that meet certain conditions” and ruled out the records with a checkmark?

Thank you @Databaser but I’m not sure if it’ll work.

When creating that checked record I would need to uncheck all of the older records so the count begins again, is that possible?

I have made inventories Airtables with a combination of inventories, buys, sells and orders, so it can be done. I do think I don’t understand this bit completely… Your staff sells something, use a form to submit that sale, but then add a checkmark?

not exactly: it’s the wine cellar of a restaurant. Every day we sell wine bottles and regularly we buy new ones. That part is easy with a rollup field.

every month an inventory is made, and sometimes it has to be adjusted: there should be 10 bottles but there are just 8. We can add a -2 but I rather write the count (when people has to do calculations tend to make mistakes).

I hope I managed to explain the situation better.

Thank you so much

Don’t worry Databaser, I just figured out how to use scripts to send webhooks so thanks to integromat future looks brighter =)

1 Like

OK, that makes sense. I used the dates of the buys, sales and inventory to give the inventory priority over the inputted buys and sales.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.