Invert a string like in excel

Hello everyone!

I need your ideas :slight_smile:

I am trying to invert a string (of numbers). I had this nice easy formula in excel, but I am not sure how to transform it to Airtable as it contain an array.

exemple:
A1: 123456
A2: =TEXTJOIN("",1,MID(I49,{10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1},1))
result in A2: 654321

Is it possible to convert or do I need a new method? Those functions seems to be available in Airtable, but nothing worked from all I tried. As I could not find similar case in the forum I am asking it here today so others can also get an a solution!

Thank you very much for your kind clairvoyance :smiley:

While Airtabe may have formula functions with similar names as Excelโ€™s functions, they do not necessarily do the same thing.

For example, Airtable formulas cannot split a text string into an array/list, and the array formula functions only work on very specific field types.

I recommend looking into using scripting to achieve this. Scripting use JavaScript, which has several string handling functions.

1 Like

Yes scripting, that would be the next step. I wanted to be sure that I was not missing an easy way to do it :slight_smile: Thank you!

2 Likes

And if Airtable was interested in creating a self-sustaining formula environment, there would already be a script block available to everyone named Reverse.js that could be mapped to the formula Reverse().

[sigh]

1 Like

Yes!! That would open so many doors for newbies like us trying to find easier/faster way than scripting! You probably suggested it already, did you?

By the way, a big THANK YOU to both of you @Bill.French & @kuovonne for all your answers to the community, I saw your clever comments and solutions in almost every post that helped me build my modest AT temple :grinning: You are making this dream going one step further!!

Many times for more than two years.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.