Help

Is it possible to create a Gantt chart using summary dates of tasks?

Topic Labels: Dates & Timezones
Solved
Jump to Solution
849 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenny_Chen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,
I have two spreadsheets - one is a project tracker, and the other is a task list linked to the project tracker. I have start and end dates on the task list spreadsheet. Is it possible to link those dates to the project tracker and have the project tracker “start date” be the earliest start date of the tasks linked to it and the “end date” be the latest end date of the tasks linked to it? I want to create a Gantt chart from the project tracker but I want the start and end dates to be dependent on the dates of the tasks linked to it. Thank you!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

It sounds like you have already done the hard part of creating the links between the two tables (sheets). All you need to do is create two rollup fields in the project tracker, one for the start date and another for the end date.

The rollup for the start date will use the “minimum” value for the date field, and the rollup for the end date will use the “maximum” value for the date.

You can then set these rollup fields to be the start and end dates in your Gantt chart.

If this answer gives you enough information to solve your problem, could you please mark this post as the solution?
If not, could you please give a bit more details on your use case and a screen capture?

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

It sounds like you have already done the hard part of creating the links between the two tables (sheets). All you need to do is create two rollup fields in the project tracker, one for the start date and another for the end date.

The rollup for the start date will use the “minimum” value for the date field, and the rollup for the end date will use the “maximum” value for the date.

You can then set these rollup fields to be the start and end dates in your Gantt chart.

If this answer gives you enough information to solve your problem, could you please mark this post as the solution?
If not, could you please give a bit more details on your use case and a screen capture?

Wow, so smart! Thank you!