Help

Is it possible to find out date of when a linked record was done?

1447 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luis_Canal1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is it possible to find out date of when a linked record was done ?

6 Replies 6
Prosammer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey! Are you looking to find the creation date of a linked record?

Exactly ! Captura de Pantalla 2020-12-13 a la(s) 21.06.54

Prosammer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Oh I see, you’re looking to find the time when the link occurred. It doesn’t look like that is built into Airtable, so we might have to create a formula to do this for you.

Can you describe what you are trying to do, and why? Then we can look at designing the table properly.

Sam

Luis_Canal1

SURE, I work with cattle, and I need to know WHEN each of those classifications occured …

Prosammer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hmmm, well I don’t believe there is a way to find that information given the current setup of the table, maybe Airtable Support would be more knowledgeable. Sorry I can’t help more with that!

In terms of moving forwards, we could probably add a formula or script which saves this “date linked” information, but I’d need a description of the whole process of the base, or maybe access to a demo version of the base, to be able to properly help. In addition, if you can get me access to the base ( a version with any private information deleted), then I could see if there is any other ways to tackle this issue and getting you the results you need.

Cheers!
Sam

You can look in the activity fly-out for the record to see when the field was edited. Because it is a manual process, this isn’t realistic for large numbers of records. If the records were linked when they were created, you can also find the created time for the linked records with a created time field.