Help

Is it possible to hide fields in a view on the mobile app?

Solved
Jump to Solution
3864 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clifton_Eaton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is it possible to hide fields in a view on the mobile app? I’ve searched the forums and couldn’t find anything. I’ve also dug through help files and nothing mentioning that you can’t do it. Am I just being dense, or is this not something you can do on the mobile version of the app? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mark_Morgan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Upon further investigation and research, I see that this is not a current supported feature in the iOS platform (documentation noted here) but is planned at some future date.

I also have discovered that although the web platform in grid view does support hiding fields/columns, when you go to the expanded card view the hidden field gets moved to the end of the list for some reason (not hidden as I originally thought). Again, not an ideal situation given the intent to hide these fields. Hopefully, this will get changed as well going forward.

See additionally these 2 posts for additional details: Post 1 and Post 2

Sorry, I should have added my original post to one of these instead of creating another topic! Still learning. :winking_face:

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7
Mark_Morgan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just noticed that after hiding a column in a grid view of a table, all is well even in the expanded card view on the desktop version. However, when opening the records in the iOS iPhone version, the hidden field is now visible again which defeats the intent and clutters the record. Please investigate and advise.

It might also be worth noting that it doesn’t appear you can hide/unhide columns within the iOS version (I only see sort and filter options available). Is this a missing feature and if so does that have an influence on the above fields displaying even though they are hidden in the desktop version?

Thanks so much!

Mark_Morgan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Upon further investigation and research, I see that this is not a current supported feature in the iOS platform (documentation noted here) but is planned at some future date.

I also have discovered that although the web platform in grid view does support hiding fields/columns, when you go to the expanded card view the hidden field gets moved to the end of the list for some reason (not hidden as I originally thought). Again, not an ideal situation given the intent to hide these fields. Hopefully, this will get changed as well going forward.

See additionally these 2 posts for additional details: Post 1 and Post 2

Sorry, I should have added my original post to one of these instead of creating another topic! Still learning. :winking_face:

Ptt_Pch
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

As far as I know, there are a lot of Airtable features missing in the iOS app’ :confused: …
Hiding/showing fields is one of them :confused: …

Ronald_AngSiy
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

:frowning: this needs to be addressed it’s such a basic feature

Doug_O_Connor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bump. This and other iOS functionality issues I’m noticing have been being complained about for years with no apparent change or update.

Google went “mobile first” awhile ago, it’s time to get with the times.

Mark_Jeffery
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Come on, Airtable. Three years! What’s taking so long! The iOS app is pretty unusable without the ability to hide fields.

It’s a luxury to be able to hide fields on a big screen, where there’s plenty of space to see lots of fields. It’s a necessity on a small screen, where there’s too little space to clutter it up with fields you don’t need to see!

Given no progress on this in three years, it’s obvious that Airtable is not interested in making the iOS app usable :frowning:

Michelle_Tink
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Seriously this is a must have feature. What’s the point of having the iOS app without this?