Help

Is there a way to Lock Individual Records?

Topic Labels: Base design
2854 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Aguila
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

As I understand Airtable a field is equal to columns and the rows are equal to records. So, from that perspective here is my situation and question. I have created an Airtable to help my daughter keep track of her classes from multiple schools and programs as she works toward her nursing degree. So, we will be using and updating it for the next few years. Each class is its own record (or row). Once a class is complete, I would love to be able to lock that row so we don’t accidentally change something. I’m thinking linked information would be updated unless those linked items were locked. I would like to secure the choices/changes we have made to each record after the class is complete since we can’t change those class results in the past. If using Kanban, it would be nice that the classes that are marked complete they would be locked to the completed semester. So, I think my question is, “Can I lock individual records?”

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 11.29.24 AM

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 11.38.34 AM

If there is another way of organizing the information to keep completed courses locked, I am open to suggestions. Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

Unfortunately, this is not possible in Airtable. If a collaborator is allowed to edit records, they are allowed to edit ALL records.

You might want to look at Stacker, which adds permission-based editing of records.