Help

Is there other alternative to set a word at the end of every number entered in a field like how "%" or "RM" appears for each number enter within the field?

1439 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Min
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I am a newbie to Airtable. I would like to ask is there any formatting setting I can set for a field so that each number I entered in that field has the word “month” or “months” at the end?
I have checked up on the videos but I could not find the answer.

4 Replies 4

Unfortunately, no.

If you wanted something preceding each number entered, you could abuse the currency field and specify an arbitrary string as the currency indicator.

For a value following the number, you’ll need to declare a second, formula field configured as {Number}&' months'

Thank you for your answer and the formula format. :grinning: I have thought about a workaround - hide the field having the numbers, implement the formula on that field and show the format results on another field.

Yep – as long as you don’t have to edit or change the numbers from that particular view, having a ‘presentation’ field and a working field is a perfect way to steer between the Scylla and Charybdis of utility and user experience. Just be careful: There is such a thing as going too far. :winking_face:

…I lol’d :slightly_smiling_face: