Help

Is this even possible?! Scripting help - identifying when a designer becomes available and for how long

Topic Labels: Scripting extentions
415 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa_Bauer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello fellow Airtablers! (maybe there’s a better name…?)

I staff designers onto projects and I want to create a “Supply Grid” where it shows when a designer is next available, for how long (# of weeks) and what they are off to next after those weeks. Something like this:

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 3.42.45 PM

Many thanks to help from @Mike_Pennisi and @Alexey_Gusev (thank you both!) I was able to create records that help indicate when a designer is available each week (labeled “Open Space”). So essentially, my Airtable Table looks kind of like this (a much simplified version):

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 3.54.13 PM

Where I Need Your Help:
Using this data, I want to automatically create the “Supply Grid” (Right now i’m doing this all manually).

I’m imaging the steps being something like:

1. From the list of open space records for each designer, identify the open space record with the earliest start date and have that be the “Available Starting” date for the Supply Grid for that designer

2. Identify the # of open space records in a row until it hits a record that’s not an Open Space (this will show the # of weeks available) // or identify the open space record with the latest date to help determine the “Available for” # of weeks.

3. Use the “Status” for the non-Open Space record as the “Until (Event)” value to inform the reader what the designer is up to after their availability (identify if they stop being available due to vacation or due to being locked on something else)

Would love this to be an automatic live-update situation but welcome any/all ideas. Thank you!

0 Replies 0