615 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kayla_Rudess
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to group my line items by campaign but whenever I create a new campaign name, it automatically generates a new line item with just that campaign title in my empty/null cells section. If I try to delete that line item, the entire campaign gets deleted and my cells become ungrouped.

For example, if I link my calls called “Apple”, “Blood”, and “Clifford” to a campaign called “Red”, they are grouped together but the system also generates a line item called “Red” that appears in the null cells box and it won’t let me delete it without it automatically deleting and ungrouping Apple, Clifford and Blood.

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Can you provide screen shots?

I can’t put up screenshots to protect the comps h but I can answer questions about the problem.

Welcome to the community, @Kayla_Rudess! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: I have a hunch this is related to the grouping that you mentioned. When you have a view that groups by a linked record field, then make a new record in a group, Airtable automatically fills in the link for that new record based on existing links in that group because that link is required to maintain its grouped status. If you need that new record to be part of a different group, you can delete the link—which will temporarily move the record to a new group of unlinked records—then link to the record you want, which will move it again into the group of similarly-linked records.

However, if you also have a filter in that view that only shows records with links, deleting the automatically-made link will hide (not delete) the record because it no longer meets the filter’s qualifications. For cases like this, it’s good to have another view with no filters so that you can see all records, find the one where you removed the link, and edit its fields as needed.

If none of this addresses your issues, then let us know. I understand that you’re concerned about sharing screenshots of private information, but one option to consider is editing the screenshots to mask or hide sensitive data before posting. In many cases screenshots help us to get a better idea of what’s going on than text descriptions alone.