Kanban Cards Need To Be More Compact

Can someone tell me a reason why something so simple as changing the height attribute of the kanban cell from 78px to auto is taking so long???

5 Likes

Pleeeeease fix this. This is a no-brainer! You need to be able to see more than like 10 letters of the card title, especially since it’s very common (and useful!) to use formulas as Titles, so you can get details in gantt and calendar views.

+1 - This single feature is a deal-breaker for me. I can use a combination of Trello/Sheets so solve 90% of my needs but AirTable could replace them both if it had a functional Card/Kanban view.

The fixed vertical width makes absolutely no sense. AirTable PMs please go use Trello for 5min. Thanks.

5 Likes

Is there any way of aggregating this into some sort of petition?

Or at least getting some idea if this is on the feature backlog :frowning:

1 Like

Yes this makes the kanban view unusable. I love AT but use Notion.SO for my Boards

1 Like

Hello Airtable… Anybody there? Any answer, schedule, decision? What’s the point of this list if there is no feedback on WHEN or IF this will ever be addressed?
‘’

1 Like

@Jordan_Scott1 - this is one of those threads that’s a classic example of Airtable letting down the community. Unless I’ve missed it, there’s nothing but broken Kanban dreams in this thread. :disappointed:

6 Likes

+1
Please, Airtable Team. The kanban cards are way too thin.

Thank you all for your continued feedback and patience on this, I really appreciate it and definitely see how this would be impactful. I’ve made sure to flag this with our product partners and I will keep this group posted as I hear of any updates or changes.

1 Like

Nothing against you or any other of the Airtable folks who have liaised in this forum, but my patience was exhausted some time ago on this and several other topics that have been buried by the passage of time.

1 Like

Already switched to Notion + Smartsheets

Such a small request made a long time ago and such a disappointment.
I can’t bring some of my users from Trello into Airtable just because of this.

3 Likes

I also very much needs this (in addition to multi-line text showing on the front of the cards). I want to switch my organization completely to Airtable from Trello, but right now the fronts of cards just aren’t dense enough to make it work.

Quite dissapointed at Airtable’s Kanban view. Kanban is not even in the interface designer. It appears that Airtable is just suck at Kanban.

1 Like

Same issue here - the kanban card titles get truncated SO short that kanban is unusable… Looks like this issue has been being raised for YEARS i see requests back to 2018…

1 Like

Please consider taking thiese demands into your product roadmap. At least the fact of hiding the “Field name” and just display the values. It would cut-off by 50% the height of each card and make kanban display lighter in terms of redudant info.

1 Like