1532 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahra_Magsakay
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is it possible to “pin” groups even when they’re empty? I am creating a table and I wanted to group tasks by “Completed” and “In Progress” tasks. However, I’m wondering if it’s possible to keep the “Completed” group visible along with the “In Progress” group even if all the tasks are still in progress. Would that be possible? Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @Sahra_Magsakay! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Back in June, a feature was added to allow empty groups to remain visible. However, I learned recently from Airtable support that this only works with certain field types. They’re working on updating the documentation to make this more clear, but for now it’s going to be trial and error.

If your task status field is a single-select, this will work. Just look for this icon next to the group setup:

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 8.35.56 PM

If you see that, you can click it to toggle between empty groups being shown or hidden for that grouped field.

Amazing! Thanks so much, @Justin_Barrett! :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, I was trying to group based on a computed field and when I tried to do it on my table, I didn’t see the icon shown above. I tried grouping the records based on a single-select field type and was able to see the icon.

As a temporary fix, I just added a new generic record and set the values to get a Completed result to make this particular group visible. Not the best solution but I think it does the job (for now).

Thanks again. I really appreciate it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Lizbeth_Pena_Fl
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm also trying to do this but for charts where I group by a status an if there are no records by that status, the group disappears. If anyone knows how to "lock" the group in a chart, that would be awesome too.