Last modified time [SOLVED]

Following. Glad to see this feature is being actively developed! Looking forward to using it in the wild, especially if it improves integration with Zapier, Integromat, etc. Would love to have integrations over the API that can update other apps based on when I modify something in Airtable.

Is there any update on the progress of this feature or any expansion of the beta? I am a pro plan user and this would be extremely useful for my member database and mobile app integration. Apologies if there is more info elsewhere in the forum. I’m new here.

tried to get to the form … it failed … very interested in testing this feature

Chris

1 Like

Hi chrisboat and Nic_Darling,

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm for last modified time! Our beta has ended but you will be happy to know that we are preparing this feature for general release. Although I don’t have a timeline to share right now, keep an eye on https://airtable.com/whatsnew!

1 Like

Is there any way to subscribe to that View, so we get notified of new features?

3 Likes

I’m trying to build a full fledged CRM with Airtable.

One of the critical features I need is to be able to update a {Case Closed} field with a Date/Time/Stamp when the value in the {Case Status} field is changed to “Closed”.

Then the need to be able to calculate in hours/days the time from Case opening to Case closure.

Is this doable in the current version?

Add `CHANGED_TIME()` formula function

Could you have a Case Closed Date column and enter it manually?

for sure, I’d just like to make it occur programmatically if I were to roll this out to a services team

If you are using the api then you can still do it programmatically, but I definitely see why you would want a modified date if you are having your team work directly with the tables.

I want the agents using a custom form to work a Case, when the field “Status” is changed to Closed or Hold, then I want the Case Closed or Case On Hold field updated automatically

enlighten me on how to do this with their API

thanks

I’m not an expert either. So here is my attempt at an explanation.

I’ve created html forms that submit to php pages on my server and those pages do curl requests. You could make one of those curl requests POST a new case and the date would be automatic. Then when the case is updated you do a curl request PATCH and change the status column and the “modified date” column you’ve created. Do the same again when they use the html form to close the case.

Inside your base, in the HELP menu, you will find a link to API Docs.

agreed those methods will work, I was attempting to “contain” all forms, functions, triggers, events, etc. within the database, like FileMaker Pro vs. just using their tables to simply store the data posted from other technologies stitched together - which I think is their desired endgame to be “FMPro like” (but I could be wrong)

and thanks!

No, I agree that their should be an auto-updating “modified date” column. I’m just letting you know how to workaround this missing feature.

3 Likes

Anybody know how to use LAST_MODIFIED_TIME value to figure out that a view is updated?

Is there a way to get all the views that a record belongs to?

@Katherine_Duh Any update on when this will be available? Seems like the beta closed 6 months ago.

2 Likes
closed #218

Would it be possible to add the “updated time” to the API response for each row returned?

This is quite necessary specially when building synchronization applications. By knowing the last time a row was updated, we can either trigger a call to synchronize it or skip it completely. This would decrease the load on Airtable’s side by a lot. Currently developers are forced to just update every single record on Airtable every x hours because there is no way to know whether a record was updated or not. I can force updates on specific records by adding my own timestamp every time I synchronize but that still requires a manual process.

Thanks

3 Likes

Try adding your voice here: Last Modified Timestamp

1 Like

Why did the “Last Modified Timestamp” topic that had so many requests is gone?

It’s not gone; it was merged into another topic covering the same ground. As much as possible, we prefer to keep similar discussions consolidated into single topics. I will now merge this topic into that topic as well, to keep the forums tidy.

The last modified time beta is now closed as we are readying the feature for a general release.

9 Likes