3327 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
President_ART_C
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way to pull in a PDF as an attachment (or even a downloadable link) in a mailing sent via SendGrid?
Use case I have in mind: send individual tax receipt to individual members in a mass mailing.

Many thanks for all help!

6 Replies 6

Hi @President_ART_Club - 3 ways to do this (at least!). Have a look at this table:

Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 16.14.14.png

So, you can have a full URL link to the document (Document field), or a unique name/ID (Document ID field) for a document uploaded somewhere (other than Airtable) or you can attach the PDF file to the record as an attachment (Attachment field).

Then, in the Sendgrid block config, do this:

Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 16.11.23.png

You can then reference these fields in the email template:

{Document}

https://www.example.com/{Document ID}.pdf - this concatenates the fixed elements of the URL with the document ID, which will vary by record.

{Attachment}

The resulting email is this:

Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 16.20.10.png

All 3 methods show a proper link in the email. Which one you use will come down to where the pdfs are located - either in Airtable or somewhere else.

Hope this helps.

JB

As an aside, I found that my test Sendgrid emails were going into my spam folder, so you might need to alert recipients to this.

Florian_Kleinic

Is there also a way to send the attachment directly in the mail?

The SendGrid API supports attachments, but apparently the block does not.

Link to the request. Please add your voice if you like to see this feature too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Florian_Kleinic

The Problem is basically solved with Airtable automations now.
You don’t need to use sendgrid anymore, you can just use a gmail account and write an automation that can send emails (with attachments.)