Linked field group by month

Hello Everyone,

On this Airtable there are two cleaning companies that are cleaning a total of 10 apartments. I record the dates they clean the unit and would like to group them by Month to see a monthly like summary.

Units/Apartments table is linked to the Main Form which then shows the individual dates. I’d like to group them as per Month but instead it shows like this.

I also tried the Filter Function but if an entry includes July, it still shows up.

Here is the link to the Airtable:

I did see a topic regarding Many to Many Areas but I could not get it to work.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi there!

As it stands now, you won’t be able to do what you want on the Units/Apartments table, because every unit is more than likely always going to be linked to more than one month.

I think you could rework your tables just a bit. Rather than linking each unit separately depending on what company it’s for, you can link them all using the same field and notate which company it is by using lookups/rollups. This will simplify your relationships a ton and make the data easier to work with.

I made a copy of your base and added another tab called “Cleaning Dates” to show what I’m talking about. On that table, you can see a running monthly total for each unit. I did not touch the “Main Form” table, but in my opinion it could be replaced by the “Cleaning Dates” table.

I hope that helps!