1226 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffrey_Brandt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a base that has several tables, all connected through various links. I am trying to link my newest table, but it’s not linking to the table it should be linking to. I’ve attached two screenshots to show what’s (not) happening: Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 4.18.31 PM Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 4.19.56 PM

Any help would be appreciated!

3 Replies 3

Hi @Jeffrey_Brandt,

Welcome to Airtable Community! :slightly_smiling_face:

When you link a table to another table, a new field is created automatically in the table that is being Linked. In case you have any Hidden Fields in that table, this newly created field becomes hidden too.

I suggest you look at the fields list for a hidden field with the same name of the table in the 1st screenshot, this is were you will find your records.

If this helps, please mark it as Solution so others can see it.

BR,
Mo

Jeffrey_Brandt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The tables that are linked are called “Parent-Child” and “Calendar Events”. As you can see from the second screenshot, the “Parent-Child” field was created. It unfortunately isn’t populating.

Check to see that you’re looking at the correct field. Your full UI isn’t visible, but I see an edge of blue in that second table screenshot, and the blue item in the view toolbar is for hidden fields. Perhaps the actual field with the reciprocal link is hidden.