Linked Records Filter Options

It would be great if the base creator could in some way limit the fields that were able to have a linked record added to them, either by:

A) Adding filters to the linked record field dropdown

or more realistically

B) Having a dropdown in the field options that limited the View that the linked records have to be chosen from.

For example, imagine I have a base with a table in it called Products. In here are a load of unique products. Imagine that 100 are marked In Stock, and 400 are marked Sold. I have a filter on this view called ‘Available Products’ that filters on just the In Stock products.

Now imagine I have another table called Orders, where I take customer information and link to the desired product record.

If I could limit the linked records to the ‘Available Products’ view of the Products table, it would ensure orders weren’t being put against items that had sold.

Filter data from Link to another record based on Child age in months
Multiselect in linked record field without going back and clicking ADD again

Another use case for this would be if you wanted to have a public form with a linked record field that didn’t expose any sensitive data.

+1 for this important feature that would be relatively simple to implement.

I have “active” and “inactive” students that change on a monthly basis and when I take attendance, I have to unnecessarily scroll through loads of “inactive” records.

+1 for linked record filtering too

The (B) option should be “simple” to implement, and seems elegant and Airtabley.

+1 for the linked records filtering

This feature would be helpful for us too - I’ve got a scenario where I have stores broken into regions - we pick the region on one table early on and then later pick which store will go with it - and ideally the user would only be able to pick stores that are in that region.

Any traction on this feature? Seems like limiting the linked record to a specific view on the linked table would be the best way to do this.

+1 here too — needs to limit possible links

+1

We have a product content managment system. Products have multiple attributes, many attributes have pre-defined values. It would be very nice to select the attribute and restrict values to the pre-defined.

+1 need to filter on available persons for a job to do without having the whole liste available

Same problem here. One table is used to record, say, 4 transactions (one each week for a month) for a vendor. A second table records a single check written for those 4 transactions. When I record the check number, I link to the transactions table, and although searching for the records I want is easy, the list gets cumbersome.

If I could either filter the link or use cntl key to multiple select, I wouldn’t have to search and select 4 times for each check.

This would be great as well! I don’t currently use airtable(currently with JIRA) but that would really make this powerful as a CRM and PM tool.