1079 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zachariasz_Nerc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is it possible to nest dates from 4 different tables in one column? I would need something like that:

I have already rolled up dates and linked to other records but I can’t link to more than one table. Anyone knows formula for that or could help me with ideal how to solve this?

7 Replies 7

There is no way to use one column to link to four tables. You’ll need four Link to A Record fields.

If you want to display the value of all four fields in one additional field you can do that with a formula:

{Field 1} & ", " & {Field 2} & ", " & {Field 3} & ", " & {Field 4}

I want to be able to show date for each milestone completition in one column. You formula is just aggregating 4 different values. Thank You for Your help tho.

Except that she gave you the exact answer. :man_shrugging:

Zachariasz_Nerc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Okay, any hint how can I do it? Tried using the formulabut field returned is blank. Didnt want to sound like douche but its really depressing. Im working on it since 3 days and nothingcomes to min, AirTable can be challenging :frowning:

I have made 4 linked to four tables in four separate coulms but I cant get dates out of it

Zachariasz_Nerc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ok I came up with different soulution, that so far is not working. What if I nest if forumals? I have rolled up dates from four differetn tables in my summary table and it looks like this:

729f2aa3110ee3f896cec70f8de6b6ece57ce43d.png

Now I want to make forumla that will go through each of the column and ignore blank spaces, so far I came up with this

IF({ETAP 1 HARM (AUT)} = BLANK(), BLANK(), DATETIME_FORMAT({ETAP 1 HARM (AUT)}, “DD.MM.YYYY”),
IF {ETAP 2 HARM (AUT)} = BLANK(), BLANK(), DATETIME_FORMAT({ETAP 2 HARM (AUT)},“DD.MM.YYYY”),
IF {ETAP 3 HARM (AUT)} = BLANK(), BLANK(), DATETIME_FORMAT({ETAP 3 HARM (AUT)}, “DD.MM.YYYY”),
IF {ETAP 4 HARM (AUT)} = BLANK(), BLANK(), DATETIME_FORMAT({ETAP 4 HARM (AUT)}, “DD.MM.YYYY”))

but it failed :frowning:

You’re missing several end parenthesis at the end of your formula if you were trying to nest several IF()s, and you’re missing the starting parenthesis for each IF() after the first one.

A simplified, nested version of your formula:

IF({ETAP 1 HARM (AUT)}, DATETIME_FORMAT({ETAP 1 HARM (AUT)}, "DD.MM.YYYY"),
IF({ETAP 2 HARM (AUT)}, DATETIME_FORMAT({ETAP 2 HARM (AUT)}, "DD.MM.YYYY"),
IF({ETAP 3 HARM (AUT)}, DATETIME_FORMAT({ETAP 3 HARM (AUT)}, "DD.MM.YYYY"),
IF({ETAP 4 HARM (AUT)}, DATETIME_FORMAT({ETAP 4 HARM (AUT)}, "DD.MM.YYYY")))))