cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ufi_User
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
I’m trying to either filter across tables, or link records across views. From what I’ve seen so far in the tutorials, it’s only possible to filter on local columns or the key column from a linked table. Say that I have an address table and a name table, where there is a many to one relationship between addresses and names. Before I link the two, I only want to include the active addresses, so that my final view has a one-to-one relationship between address and name. But, once in the ‘names’ table, I can’t filter on the ‘active address’ field from the address table, though both tables are linked. The solution that comes to mind is to create a view of active addresses first, and then link this to the names table, but I can’t seem to do this either. Does anyone have a good workaround for this?

thanks,

Megan

2 Replies 2

Hey there! I’m happy to help, but I think I need a few clarifying details.

• When you say that you want your “final view” to have a one-to-one relationship between addresses and names, would that be a view in the address table, or a view in the names table?
  • Based on what you’re saying, I think what you want is the ability to limit which records appear in the linked record picker on the names table—so that when you’re selecting records to link while in the names table, you can only pick records to link from a list of active addresses? If that’s not what you’re trying to accomplish, could you give me some more specific details about your workflow so I can try and come up with a workaround?

In the meantime, it’s possible that you may be able to achieve what you’re trying to accomplish with a combination of formula and lookup fields.

Nevin_Cohen
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, the lookup field is what I needed. thanks!