Linking Records Creating Duplicates

I have two tables- recipes and ingredients. The recipe table contains a separate column for each ingredient item (e.g., tomatoes, fettuccine and cheese). The recipe information was pasted in from excel, and then I converted those columns into linked record fields, linking back to the ingredient records. I then used the lookup function to grab the product ID from the ingredient table record and add it into a new field in the recipe table. This worked fine except that for 9 ingredients, new, blank, duplicate records were created back in the ingredients table.And for those 9 ingredients, the lookup function failed, since Airtable was pulling the product ID from these newly created duplicates.

I see that for one of these items, it’s a naming issue. But for the other ones, I can’t figure out what’s going on. When I click on an individual record, I can search and find the correct record to link to, but I have hundreds of recipes and would prefer to not do this manually.

Anyone have any ideas about what’s happening?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.