Looking for a way to compare the same data in two bases and rank them based on most-least overlap

I have a unique need and I’m hoping you all have some ideas because I haven’t figured out a solution. I work for an organization who is recording symptoms for a group of people (clients). We also want to record symptoms that volunteers have experience with. Then, the question: How can I compare these two sets of data and find volunteers that have similar symptoms of the clients in order to best matcha volunteer to a client. Not sure if this could be done with an app, a script, junction table, some sort of data export… any thoughts? By the way, I have a whole base for volunteers and a whole base for clients.
Thank you so much from me and this non-profit!

Any ideas? Other ways to do this? Thanks!

Hi @Ethan_Parker and welcome to the community!

Since no one else is answering, I’m gonna take a shot. It seems to me, one solution could be to have 3 tables:

1. clients (linked to 2.)
  2. symptoms
  3. volunteers (linked to 2.)

In that way, you could see in table 2 which clients and volunteers are linked to the symptoms. In a paid version, you could then, for example, install the matrix app to visualize things.

Just my very simple first thought.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.