Looking for data entry form example app

Hello Airtable engineers,

I’d like to build a few custom apps for my airtable, the first of which is a form to input records into a predetermined table. I’ve dabbled a fair bit with vue.js but never a single project with React, so I’m a total newbie.

To aid me on my learning journey, I’m looking for some examples that I can pull apart. Specifically, I’m wondering if anyone has a simple data entry form for creating new records in a table. A field for creating linked records (to a different table) would be an extremely helpful example.

Any advice or examples you might have are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Kris

Hi @Kris

Here are some resources that might be helpful as you get started:

• If you’re interested in picking apart existing open-sourced apps, you can view a list of examles on the documentation site here. The “Update records” example specifically showcases how to use the Table.updateRecordsAsync, which is very similar to the Table.createRecordsAsync API you’d need for a data entry form.
  • The docs site linked above also includes Guides to help you get started - of particular note for you is likely the “Write back to Airtable” guide
  • The SDK also provides a UI kit to help reduce friction with building form elements (e.g. Input, Button, etc)

Hopefully this can help get you started in the right direction!

Cheers,
Billy

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.