780 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruce
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We are developing an Airtable base for our college event planning team. I have linked the calendar to my Outlook calendar, but I can’t figure out how to maintain the color coding for various events. This is important because, for example, we need to track which events require the dean’s attendance. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Hi @Bruce
What method did you use to link to Outlook? Shared view or a 3rd party tool?

Bruce
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Shared view. I first tried to use Zapier, and then the approach of adding a new table outlined here: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405309451287-Airtable-Sync-integration-Outlook-Calen.... Both times I ran into a permissions problem with my university.

spanicola
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I know this thread is from awhile ago, but I'm having a similiar problem with Google Calendar and wanted to resurface this. 

I created a calendar in Airtable to house all of our HR Processes throughtout the year (Open Enrollment, Performance Reviews, etc). Each process has a unqiue color coding in airtable, and that color coding is reflected on the calendar in Airtable. I need this calendar and the color coding to be available in google calendar. 

I added the airtable calendar to my google calendar using the URL, but the color coding in Airtable doesn't carry over, and I can't figure out how to correct this. Additionally, it seems like I don't have any administrative controls over the calendar in google calendar (i.e. who can use it, or manually updating the color coding myself). Any ideas?

I have a similiar use case as Bruce but I can’t figure out how to maintain the color coding for various events. This is important because, for example, we need to track which events require the dean’s attendance. Advice would be greatly appreciated.