miniAppMaker is a tool that allows anyone to make a mobile app without coding by using Airtable as the backend. Here’s how it works:
- Design your app in Airtable
- Add your Airtable IDs (API, base, tables, fields) to miniAppMaker
- Test your app. Wa-lah!
This project is inspired by Airtable’s mission to “democratize software creation”. People are already doing amazing things with Airtable. We believe its power can be magnified if we allow people to turn their creations into mobile apps to share with the world. Especially when an entire app can be made in 30 minutes!
Examples of apps that can be made:
- Internal business tools: operations manager for workflows, processes, tasks, inventory, delivery tracking…etc.
- Appointment/event management: classes, workshops, RSVPs or employee scheduling. For salons, spas, gyms, clinics, catering, tourism, photography…etc.
- Catalog/directory: a community-curated list of restaurants, recipes, apps, events…etc.
- Marketplace: for anything where there is supply and demand. Airbnb for X!
We’re just starting out in Beta and eager to hear your feedback. Try it out at miniAppMaker.com
Backstory: I first heard of Airtable when I was a freshman in UC Berkeley. I met the founder in 2014 while he was visiting campus. 5 years later, I’m still a big fan!