1886 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lila_Hood
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a main board that links to a task page which lays out all my tasks. When a task is marked as completed i would love for that field on the main board to demonstrate this. either through a color change or a strike through. I can make the color change within the task page but the change is not demonstrated on the main board.

In the below image - some of these tasks are completed and some not so there is no way to tell the priority !

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 10.10.45 AM

5 Replies 5

The design of Link to another record-type fields cannot be changed.

What you could do is make the primary field in your [Tasks] table a formula field that looks something like this:

IF({Status} == "Completed", "✔️", "❌") & " " & {Task Name}

That will add a checkbox emoji to the front of tasks that have been completed, and the checkboxes will show up in your [Projects] table’s {Task} field since the checkbox is part of the linked record’s name.

Thank you so much Kamille!

That is a great suggestion, however it is not responding correctly. It is giving me the red x on everything.

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 11.40.23 AM.png

Can you advise me on how to amend the code?

Thank you!

Sorry, I assumed that there would be a Single select-type field where one of the options is “Completed”. You’re using a Checkbox field so it will either have the value of true or no value at all (Completed is not a possible value), which is why every record shows an X. Adjust the formula like so:

IF({Completed}, "✔️", "❌") & " " & {Name}

Hi Kamille!

That formula works however when I attempt to add it to the primary field it tells me it causes a circular reference.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

I’m assuming you didn’t duplicate {Name} and are trying to overwrite it directly. You’re not trying to replace the {Name} field but add to it. So duplicate {Name} so you don’t lose any data, then turn the original {Name} field into the formula and reference the copy of {Name} instead.