Mandatory fields

I join the crowd upvoting this feature.

2 Likes

Upvote! This is a really needed feature for a CMS. Without some fields a site would never be built so I have to indicate which fields are required.

3 Likes

Major upvote - would be extremely helpful for data quality especially for larger bases with many contributors.

5 Likes

+1 having issues without this feature

Yes, mandatory fields and other field validation options would be very welcome in Airtable.

Below is a screenshot from Apple’s FileMaker database program. Each field has all of these validation options to choose from, plus you can custom-create your own field validations as well!

Please be sure to email support@airtable.com with your suggestions & feature requests, because they don’t pay much attention to our forum posts here.

5 Likes

Another upvote! This needs to be a feature!

4 Likes

Hi Airtable, this request is out there since Nov 2016, may be even earlier. Absolute minimum requirement to ensure database intigrity. Why does it takes so long to make this happen. :face_with_head_bandage:

3 Likes

AGREE - this is a must

1 Like

Who makes a database application that you can’t make required fields?

1 Like

Please count me in for Data Validation, it’s more important than any other feature which was released lately

Why doesn’t Airtable reply? Everyone needs this feature.

@Airtable_Admin1 @Air_Table3 can you provide a response to these requests?

2016-2022 Still not available. :sob: :sob: :sob:

3 Likes

My boss is asking me to introduce mandatory fields for tabs!
Who will explain him that it’s not yet possible?

Did you see that?

We need this and the workaround above is too cumbersome. We really need this ASAP especially when it comes to building out Salesforce - Airtable integration and just general data management in the bases.

Please tell me, why does this ticket exist for almost 6 years and there is absolutely no reaction from Airtable on this fundamental request? At least a statement about why it’s not done yet would be something…

4 Likes

Very much needed. Any plan/timeline from the dev side please?

1 Like

Is this not done yet?

1 Like

We would also benefit from Required Fields as certain people on our team (not to name any names!) are not great about entering the right information when they add records.