1364 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelvin_Taylor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I am trying to add the Maps block to my base. I have followed the 4 steps to create a Google API key and created an API. I have entered the API key in AirTable and correctly linked the address field and created a blank field for the Geocode cache and linked this in the set up.

When I enter everything in the set up for the Maps block on AirTable, the maps shows up and says google cannot display map, then the map shows up with ‘For Development Purposes only’ across it and seems to be loading in the top right corner and says ‘3 remaining’ - there are 3 addresses I am trying to map.

Any suggestions on why this is not working?

1 Reply 1

I’m so sorry that I don’t have the answer to your question. Someone else might have the answer for you.

But I did want to make you aware of a serious & major bug in Airtable’s Maps Block, which causes it to excessively chew through Google Maps API limits, which ends up costing users tons of money. Archived discussion on this here: Map block is issuing excessive geocoding requests

So it might be best to avoid the maps block altogether, depending on how much you’re going to be using it.