Help

Migrating a database system into Airtable? Any way to link multiple imported tables to each other based on primary/foreign keys?

Topic Labels: ImportingExporting
1305 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is essentially a follow-up to my earlier product suggestion:

I want to migrate a client from another database system into Airtable.

I have 15 CSV files that he exported from his old database system.

Each CSV file represents one of the tables in his old system.

The main CSV file has a “primary ID key” for each record. These are the primary records of the system, and they are linked to all the other CSV files through this “primary ID key”.

All the other CSV files are tables that link back to the main CSV file, so all the other CSV files have a “foreign ID key” for each record (that links back to the “primary ID key” in the main CSV file).

I can import all 15 CSV files into Airtable as 15 separate tables, but I don’t see any way to link tables to each other based on the “primary ID key” in the first table to the “foreign ID key” in the other CSV files.

Airtable doesn’t allow us access to linking a “primary ID key” from one table with a “foreign ID key” in another table, so I don’t know how to go about migrating this system into Airtable.

Any thoughts on if/how this can be accomplished?

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Reply 1

Based on the discussion in that other thread, it sounds like the tips you received will largely address the linking issues.