Multi Language Support and Localization

It would be lovely to have a localization option for the menu language.
At least a language-settings file for menu conversion and making it open-source would work. Also community can create lot of language files without any development cost for airtable dev. team.(like wordpress).

+1
I would like to support to translate to German.

Yes please. Spanish.

Everyone here speaks English but, from an Internal Marketing and training standpoint, software captions and labels should be in the local language.

I agree. I know people who can’t use Airtable (for co-workers) in Germany because it’s not localized.

+1 for the open-source language-settings file
the translation in French could increase the number of Airtable’s users, definitely :wink:
(and we could help for sure)

+1

French is missing for my users.

Totally agree

I need Japanese. Language support is essential for my company users.

French please at least for forms terms

I would be very pleased to help you with Portuguese (Brazilian) translation.

And you could think of using https://www.getlocalization.com/ site, for instance.

Thanks

Would be nice to use amazing Airtable in Ukrainian.

I’d gladly help translate the menus to Farsi. Open sourcing user-created language packs for the UI would be earth-shattering. We haven’t yet jumped-in fully due to the language barrier. I’m sure this is the case for many organizations using Airtable.

I have the same but slightly different need as I live in a bi-lingual country so we have a membership form, I can create 2 forms, one in English, the other in Welsh and can set the questions into Welsh but where there are options, such as ‘Add an option’ or where there are questions, even just ‘Yes’ or ‘No’, I need a way to have those show up in welsh but still add the results to the membership table along with the people who respond in English.Some of them are much longer multi option lists. I know this is a tricky one, even if other languages were offered. I know there are workarounds like having the options show up as ‘English word/ Welsh word’ but when there’s a long list to choose from, eg what that person’s art form is, that would be very clunky indeed. So, any ideas welcome but definitely +1 to the localisation.

+1 for multi-language support. We need this in the province of Quebec. We must provide the ability to use French interface language. This may be a show stopper for us using Airtable going forward… unfortunately.

+1 for french! It would be a huge help for our secretary