Multiple date records

I’m a happy new user! I’ve built a simple table to record Name, location and type of an object and want to record various conditions across inspection dates. I see how to record the conditions I want and how to enter a date in fields but I want to have an ongoing set of records for each item. There will be around 50 items. How can I do this without making a table for each item? (In my mind it looks like a portion of the table will be 3 dimensional)

If I could just have a button that copies the field to a new line in another table, that would work.

You have a couple of options, but what I would do is create at least two tables. One called [Items], and one called [Inspections].

Use a linked record field to link each record on the [Inspection] table to an {Item} on the [Items] table.

Here’s a sample base to demonstrate what I’m talking about :slight_smile:

Hope this helps to get you started!

1 Like

That is really helpful, thanks!

The more I look at your example, the more I like the little details!! Cheers! May I ask how to bring the condition listed on the most recent inspection over to the Items table?

:slight_smile: So happy you’ve found it helpful! I modified the base at the same link to include the most recent condition - let me know if you have any questions about how it works!

Very kind of you, thanks again!!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.