cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ros_Bell
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello!

I feel like this must be something that comes up all the time, but I can’t figure it out.

I’m making a database for my choir and we are looking for a way of tracking which people sing which parts in each individual song we have in our repetoire. People often know multiple parts and we need to be able to track that.

I’ve got these tables

• Choir Members
  • Songs (all parts listed in multiselect field)
  • Which parts in which songs

What I want is to be able to send out a form to call choir members asking them to select what parts they can sing in each song, taking the multiselect from the ‘Songs’ table.

Currently the Lookup field I have has just concatenated all the options into one field, which isn’t what I want.

Apologies if there are multiple answers to this question, but I couldn’t find anything similar. Maybe I’m approaching it the wrong way?

1 Reply 1
Jonathan_Letts1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Are you planning on using this for choosing who is going to be singing which part? If you have the pro version I think a barchart block would allow you to stack view how many people know each section and then also use it to select who is singing what.

If you actually want to track who is singing what then it might make more sense to have it as a lookup.

Tables:
Choir Members
Songs
Parts (with a view for each song you want people to apply on) (Key field as a concatenation of the song and the part name)
Request Form

The process would then be people selecting themselves, selecting the songs they want to be a part of, select the parts that they know from each of the songs that you’re asking about.

Both options have tradeoffs, but hopefully this helps!