I am an attorney, and I have started an Airtable Base to track my clients, cases, hearings, and tasks.
I have about 2000 open cases at any one time, and about 10 employees that need to be assigned tasks, so the Base, once complete, will be fairly large.
Here are a few things I would like to be able to do with Airtable:
Create “If this, then that” Logic for various functions in Airtable. Here are a few examples of things I would like to be able to do:
- If the “type of case” is a “credit card lawsuit,” then the user gets a certain set of fields to fill in. If the “type of case” is a “divorce,” then the user gets a different set of fields to fill in.
- If the “hearing result” (what happened at the hearing) is “reset for a later date,” then a certain set of tasks is generated. If the “hearing result” is “we won the case,” then a different set of tasks is generated.
Integrate with some other program to generate form letters and emails:
- All I need to be able to do is pull information from Airtable and use it as fields in letters and emails.
- Being able to do this in Word and Outlook would be ideal.
- If that cannot be done, then some other program (like WebMerge) would be fine.
Integrate with FormAssembly:
- I would like to use FormAssembly (or some other “webform” program) to add clients and cases to Airtable.
- If Airtable Forms can be set up with the same “if this, then that” logic as FormAssembly, then using Airtable Forms would be fine.
Assign tasks to specific people based on various triggers. Here are a few things I would like to be able to do:
- Get copy of lawsuit. If the “have copy of lawsuit” field = “No”, then a specific employee is assigned the task of obtaining a copy of the lawsuit.
- Review case for trial. The trial is set up as a calendar event. 30 days before the trial, the task of reviewing the case needs to be automatically assigned to a specific attorney.
- Check court docket sheet: 30 days after we take a new case in, a specific employee needs to be assigned the task of checking the court “docket sheet” (a docket sheet is a list of all documents filed with the court in a cases; almost all courts have online docket sheets.)
- These are just a few examples. I think you get the general idea.
If this is something that you can help me with, please post a reply here.
Thanks to all who respond.