cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andre_Oliveira
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there!

Thank you in advance for any help you guys might give.
I’m building a table for my workplace. We run a Lan House with gaming PC’s that are available for rent and we accept reservations for them.
One of the things we want to be careful with is, when a client calls to rent a PC, we want to check if he ever cancelled a reservation. Right now I have a database with 2 tables, one for reservations and another one for clients. On reservations one of the fields I have is the state of the reservation and what I want to create is a field on the clients table that checks all the reservations that client ever made and see if any or how many of them has a “Canceled” state, in order for the staff to check how many times the client has cancelled a made reservation.
However, I can’t seem to find the right way to write the formula… Need help

1 Reply 1

Hi

The simplest way to do this is to have a formula field on reservations which is set to a 1 if status =m Cancelled - you can then use a rollup field on Clients to add up how many times the client has cancelled.

You could make this more sophisticated and work out a percentage of cancellations by using CountAll to count all a clients bookings and work out Cancellations/Bookings*100 to give a percentage.

Hope this helps.

Julian