cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrian_Head
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Airtable Community!

I’m building a base to track musical artists that I am booking for a benefit concert series I will be hosting and I’m having trouble dealing with a specific issue:

Right now I have a list of artists with their booking prices, and I need a quick way (through a formula ideally) to take those prices and place the artists in different price brackets (with $5000 increments) to understand how I can pair artists from different price brackets together to meet my estimated budget for this event.

For example:

• If I have an artists who has a rate of $750, they would be in the bracket of $0-5000
  • If I have an artist who has a rate of $5500, they would be in the bracket of $5001-10,000
  • If I have an artist who has a rate of $10,1000, they would be in the bracket of $10,001-15,000
  • ect

Basically the idea is that I can use airtable’s grouping function to be able to view artists that are at similar price points.

Does anybody know how I might be able to do this?

PS:
I have also already pre created a table with all my ranges, and would also be open to anybody who understands how I might be able to assign the artist to the correct table record using Airtable or Zapier automations!

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 10.11.01

@kuovonne we haven’t been in touch recently, but is this something you might have any insight on?

2 Replies 2

My Ready Made Formulas app builds a formula for converting a number field to a numeric range (text string). This formula does require a premium license.

Note that the ranges would need to be hardcoded into the formula.

If you want to keep your table of ranges, you could use linked records and an automation to link to the each artist to the correct price range record. (Note that you would need some other way of linking existing artists, as automations only run when triggered.)

Adrian_Head
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

thanks @kuovonne!

I will be in touch if this is something I would like to move forward with!