806 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hamish_Muir
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I’m looking to create a set of nested questions on the submissions form view. For instance, the headline question on the form would ask ‘add contact’. When the user of the form clicks on this, a set of sub-questions appear, such as name, address etc. Once the sub-questions have been filled, I would like the user to be able to click ‘add contact’ again, and multiple times on the one form, as there may be more than one contact required for a single entry. I also would like the answers to the sub-questions to be collected on a separate tab in the grid view. I’m not sure if all of this is possible. Any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

2 Replies 2

Hi @Hamish_Muir,

Welcome to Airtable Community! :slightly_smiling_face:

This is not doable directly in Airtable. Each Form submission is a separate Record (row). How will the 2 contacts appear in Airtable? Will each have their own record or both in the same record?

In addition to that, a form is linked to one table, so data goes only to this table.

If you want, you can use another form service like TypeForm or JotForm and import the data you need via Zapier, you can then import the data as you need it.

BR,
Mo

Hi Mo, Thanks for your message. That’s very helpful. I was wanting each contact to have their own record but perhaps need to rethink about the structuring of the overall form in order to avoid this issue.
Thanks again.