cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eileen_Xing
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

twilio_beta

Hi everyone! We’re excited to invite you to try one of our newest features - Twilio Automation Action.

With Twilio Automation Action, you can set up automations that send text messages based on triggers related to connected Airtable bases.

To sign up for the beta, fill out this quick form and click on the link at the end.

The feature should be available within a few minutes of clicking on the link. If it doesn’t, try refreshing the page. Please note that this feature will only work if you’re on a Pro or Enterprise plan. If you are on an Enterprise plan, you’ll need to ask your enterprise admin to also enroll in the beta via the same link and enable the feature from the enterprise admin panel.

If you have any feedback about the feature, please submit via this form.

13 Replies 13

Nice! Was waiting/hoping for this one :raised_hands:

And welcome to the community @Eileen_Xing :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to the community, @Eileen_Xing! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Not sure if I’ll sign up for the beta, but I’m definitely glad to see this added to the automation action collection.

Joe_Hewes
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Great integration!
Is it just sms or a range of Twilio’s features?

Just “send sms” for now (?).

TroyTessalone
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@Eileen_Xing The form is not accessible: Sign in - Airtable

I keep getting this error :point_down: . Doing exactly the same thing with another Airtable and Twilio account works fine. Only possible issue that I can think of, is that I’m already using the same phone number in an active Zap :thinking:

Twilio reported an error while processing this action:
The ‘From’ number (360) 525-xxxx is not a valid phone number, shortcode, or alphanumeric sender ID.

Anyone has any ideas?

If you log into Twilio and look at the error log, does it give you any additional information?

The “message log”? Doesn’t mention anything special.

There should be an “Error Logs” page in Twilio. See if that page gives you any additional information.

Here is my left margin of Twilio:

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 6.04.24 PM

Thanks Scott! No errors in that log. The error will probably be within the Automation. Time for ticket 1001 to Support :grimacing:

Cool, let us know what Airtable Support tells you!

Jason_Barrow
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d like to use the automation action to send the same text to multiple recipients. So, on Friday at 9:00am, send the “Can you volunteer this weekend?” text to everyone in the volunteer table. I’m having trouble formatting the “To” line for multiple numbers. I’m using the “find records” action, and pulling a list into the “To” field and I get the same error message if:1)the field is text and includes +1 2)the field is text and only has 10 digits 3) the field is a phone number.
Can I send SMS to multiple numbers using this action? If so, anyone have any ideas about how the data should put in the “To” field?
Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 9.59.11 AM