New Data Type: Location

I would also love to be able to add GPS coordinates in Airtable!

I was beginning to think about using Airtable as a personal project manager, especially my personal photo projects.

I often go on location scouting for my very diverse and numerous personal photo projects.
Sometimes I found a great spot, sometimes I come home unlucky but most of the time, I found the perfect spot for at least one of my project by chance, doing something completely different, probably in a hurry, my hands full…

I always have my phone with me, so, a quick snapshot and the GPS coordinates added to Airtable and it’s done, I only have to come back later with my gear.

I know there are many ways available to do that already, many apps etc… I’ve tried some of them and generally if they do a part of what I’m looking for, they don’t do the rest…

As I’m trying to centralize more and more things in Airtable, it would just be great to have that feature ! :smile:

I would use this to add locations to a base I am trying to create for family activities. It is pretty much necessary for want I want to accomplish. I want to be able to populate locations of activities on a map for planning purposes.

+1 to this!

One other potential use is the ability, like in the phone number or email fields, is to enter multiple locations for one record without having to make new columns

+1 to @John_Nunya

It’s nice to be able to have a map on the side but I’d like a mini-map showing the address in some context in each row for my trip planning, not just one aggregated map view

This is not available in beta request form.

What is current status?

I agree that a “CURRENT LOCATION” button would be fantastic. Also being able to have addresses auto-fill like in iPhone Calendar event location field would be stellar.

I honestly just want a location field, not the fancy “Maps block” that you have to upgrade to Pro to be able to even use. I just want a field where I can lookup a place and get a directions link returned. Doesn’t seem that complicated.

I vote for this feature as well - adding a location data type is VITAL :-/ It’s great that the Map Block is available now, but I just need a simple link that opens Google maps or similar so I can get directions.

Also looking for a more simple location feature. The maps feature is great, but a little complex for the regular users in my crew who are contributing.

As a temporary solution, I put the address in a separate field and I have another field with the following formula:

IF(Address = BLANK(), BLANK(), CONCATENATE(“www.google.com/maps/place/”, SUBSTITUTE(Address, " ", “+”)))

I’m creating a CRM base and a “Location” filed would be nice. Like Phone and Email it would be nice if this field type had behavior on par with other systems, in that clicking on the address would engage map functionality on phone, etc.