New Feature: Ability to close form submissions

Hello! My name is Sarah and I’m a software engineer at Airtable focused on helping new users get up and running with Airtable. I’m excited to jump into the community and share that today we’ve launched the ability to close form submissions!

This will allow you to stop accepting form responses and show a friendly message to your users instead of the form. Previously, you would have had to unshare the form and users would see a generic page unavailable message.

Here is a link to our updated support documentation related to this functionality.
We hope you’re as excited about this as we are! :confetti_ball:

9 Likes

Very cool! :smiley: :raised_hands:

A few comments:

1. I am not seeing this new functionality yet… even after logging out & logging back in again.

2. Feature request for this: It would be amazing if forms could automatically close after receiving X number of submissions. This could be based on the number of records in a particular view, so after the number of records in a particular view hits a certain number, then the form automatically closes.

Thanks for this great new feature! :smiley:

6 Likes

Yah, or set to auto-close after a specific date.

Thanks for the added feature!

5 Likes

Yes, another great idea!!

1 Like

Welcome to the Airtable community Sarah! Thanks for introducing yourself and letting us know about this new feature.

I’m seeing the new functionality.

Maybe Airtable decided to announce this before the rollout is 100% complete. If so, I applaud this decision to let people know early so that we have a place for comments on this forum. It would just be nice if the announcement included when to expect the rollout to be completed so we wouldn’t be left wondering.

1 Like

How about setting date/times for both auto-open and auto-close.

3 Likes

@kuovonne @ScottWorld we made sure to post this as we pushed the change live and it should have been pretty quick, but you might have to clear your cache to get the changes to appear right away :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You might want to add some boilerplate to all new feature announcements.

By the way, I think it is super cool when new feature announcements come from people who helped build the feature.

1 Like

Great idea! and good, I’m so glad!! trying to mix it up a bit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Forgot to add, I still love seeing you on the announcement threads and fully expect that you are following all of them.

But having the other Airtable staff post the announcements just makes the community feel a bit more connected to the people writing the software. It helps us remember that they are actual human beings trying their hardest to make a solid product.

5 Likes

Hi @Sarah_Trisorus ,

I have some feedback, ability to have start and end date will be much better rather than that only option.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Yes, I can only fully agree with this! Welcome @Sarah_Trisorus and great update! A great way to just pause submissions in stead of having to update the form link everywhere.

1 Like

Would be great if we could pause view sharing also.Having to regenerate a URL and updating it everywhere is a hassle.

1 Like

Workaround:

1. Duplicate the view to retain its settings.
  2. Add a field/record that says you are pausing sharing.
  3. Change the filters to show only that field/record.
  4. When you want to resume sharing, delete the message field/record, and copy the settings back to view.
    This is clearly a hacky workaround, and won’t work with a shared calendar view, but it could be better than changing urls.
1 Like