Here is a demo of a script that I am working on.
This script creates a new record and all associated linked records in other tables.
- Default values are set in a “template” record, not hard coded into the script
- “Smart” defaults can be calculated values, such as the current date
- New linked records are created, including multiple levels of links
- Changing the defaults or linked records requires no editing of code
- Multiple templates are possible
- Initial table/view/template can be hard-coded if desired to speed up data entry.
- Minor design changes to the base are required for some functionality (mostly creating new formula fields).
- The script only adds new records; it does not alter any existing records.
I am not releasing this script yet, as I still want to tweak some aspects. The script is also extremely long and represents many, many hours of work.
I look forward to hearing what people think of this script. If you are interested in beta testing the script, please let me know.