Help

No Recent Update on Local Backup or Offline Mode?

1860 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marco
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Has anyone received an updates from the Airtable team on where things stand with respect to local storage backups of an entire base and being able to conduct recurring backups?

In addition, the lack of offline access is extremely concerning. It’s extremely concerning that an app that I would be relying on heavily to run my day to day practice/business could potentially be offline for whatever reason.

How are you guys/gals overcoming these limitations? Do you share these concerns and have there been any recent updates from Airtable staff directly related to this?

5 Replies 5
zola_mzimba
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

No not that I am aware. It’s still only 3.5 years since airtable informed us they were looking into this featureimage

Take a look at our recent announcement regarding local backups :slightly_smiling_face:

However, that doesn’t answer the offline access at all.

Seems strange to pick the same data house (AWS) as AirTable. Would make more sense to spread catastrophic risk by using a different house.

Technically speaking, if you host those backups in a different region, it’s quite similar to picking another provider. Might even be safer.

Maria_Korolenko
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello Marco!
We’re building a solution that will allow you to automatically backup and restore Airtable’s workspaces, including bases. Here’s more information:

I’d be happy to chat with you and learn how we can help you to backup more Airtable’s data!