Non US Phone formats needed

Yes, I agree this is extremely frustrating. Airtable need to look at what happened at Evernote when they stopped listening to their customers. A long road back.

3 Likes

Would love this functionality please.

3 Likes

Looks like 4.5 years have passed and still no progress on this. Can we get an official update, please? @Katherine_Duh?

6 Likes

Hi! I perfectly agree! a proper field for phone number will be very useful.

1 Like

So are you international company or local US startup? :slight_smile: when can we expect this? thank you.

@Katherine_Duh Now, as the original poster, I have had 5 years of emails coming in from other loyal and enthusiastic customers of Airtable requesting what is, let’s be honest, a pretty basic requirement for an application that is sold to a global market. I have not seen one response from anyone at Airtable to these requests and I think all on this community would agree that is a pretty poor (no - unacceptable) situation and not at all what we expect from Airtable people. Can we please have some meaningful communication from you or someone with the authority to give us a clear statement of intent (or not) to this feature? Many thanks.

2 Likes

I 100% agree. I’ve been following Doug’s post since early on, waiting with baited breath for this edit. I manage thousands of phone numbers, with different country formattings that need displaying in the one field. All i need is the what I assume to be simple change of adding custom formatting to phone number fields. Thanks

I cannot believe this feature is not available when so many other task managing apps and even relatively new entries to the market come with the option built-in. It is a fairly simple feature to add, and all it needs is the option to have the phone number formatted with country code (flag and number) plus the phone number. And allowing users to simply click or touch from any device to place a call.

Is there anyway to get these requests seen or have priority?

1 Like

This is such a simple feature that would be so very useful! Can’t believe this has been ignored for so many years. Makes me wonder if Airtable listens to customers…

2 Likes

I hope we get a response from the Airtable staff, it is clear how in demand this feature is.

1 Like