Help

Noobie question: I need help from airtable experts, Currently I'm not able to followup on my leads properly

Topic Labels: Views
5931 56
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay_P
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Currently, I have my data in multiple tables (20)
Each table has the exact same table structure. Please dont tell me to put all data in same table. I can’t do it.

& I don’t get much time to go into each and every table to check which leads I have to followup on.

I need a way by which I can view all the records that have the status ‘Negotiation State’ in all the tables to be displayed in one place so I can be more efficient with my work.

I make chnage in this view and the chnage should be implemented at the original table.

I see in other softwares like Asanas the pipeline thing is built in. How can i make my airtables more efficient ?

56 Replies 56

That would be kinda cool!

I’ll take another run at this. Have you considered simply adding an automation (to all 20 tables) that dispatches an email message when the data in a records meets the reviewable conditions?

Could you please explain why having everything in a single table won’t work for your use case? I’m not trying to be confrontational. I genuinely want to know, because more often than not, combining similarly-structured data into one table vs keeping it spread across several tables ends up solving more problems than it creates. It would make this setup that you want to build pretty trivial, compared to the non-trivial solution that we haven’t yet figured out.

What about this workflow:

When you are ready to review leads, you click the run button in Scripting app. The script then populates a “working” table with copies of records from the 20 other tables. You make your changes to the “working” table, and an automation script copies the changes back to the original tables.

The actual code to implement this would probably be far more difficult than combining the data into a single table. It is hard to say since we don’t know why you cannot use a single table.

Do you know how Asana stores its data under the hood? Would you have 20 tables in Asana? Is there a reason you are using Airtable instead of Asana?

Becuase leads in one state are of higher priority than other states. & its more cleaner way of doing the things. Otherwise I’d keep on creating 50 views for 50 states.

Great! where is that automation script ? Can the script do something like, Look into 20 tables and if the status is changed to ‘xyz’ it puts the record in the new table and I can access the original record from this new table and when I make changes to it, it saves the changes from where it picked the record.

Yes, The problem with email automation is, The option is half baked. I only want to be notified when the status changes to specific value i.e ‘negotiation’ but I dont think i can run the email automation against a single status value. Otherwise it sends me a barrage of emails.

Major draw back of SYNCH is - it only synchs from one table not from multiple tables.

@Jay_P It would actually be a system of two scripts (one to populate the “working” table and another to write the changes back to the original tables.

The first script (which would require clicking a button to run) could look into the 20 tables and copy the records where the status is “xyz” into the working table. It would also copy some additional information such as the source table and original record id. The automation script would then use the information about the source table and original record id to copy changes back to the original record whenever you updated the record in the working table.

The exact scripts do not exist yet because they would need to be written to fit your base.